Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Germany


I recently had a wonderful 3 week break in Germany with my partner Anke (pron Un-car) who was born in East Germany. Although I travel within Australia on a very regular basis for work this was my first break purely for the sake of having a holiday in 12 years and it was just wonderful! The people were fantastic & the food (and wine!) excellent... and the history? Mind blowing!

Also I got to indulge in some photography and wow, was there plenty of subjects! This photo is of the chapel at the Schule Pforte (excuse my German) which is where Sigmund Freud and Nietsche went to school... can you believe that?! It is still an elite boarding school today. It is just a few kilometres from Naumburg which is where Anke was born and where her family still lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home