Sunday, September 24, 2006

Landscaping my back yard




Not that I get a lot of time to do it, but I do quite like my garden! January 2005 I finally got around to doing something with the 'sand patch' in my back yard and after our trip to Karratha last year I decided on an 'outback' theme with native grasses & gravel and a 'black-boy' as the main feature/back drop.

The result is quite good and the grasses and kangaroo paws are even flowering. It didn't take that long to get together and the only hiccup was digging up some very old and very 'human' looking bones while digging the pond! The Police attended and excavated the rest of the pond hole for me and eventually took away a substantial bag of bones containing vertabrae and other assorted crusty old bones only to return several days later saying "we're not sure what they're from... but we don't think they're human so you can keep digging!". Hmmm.... anyway this is the end result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home