Sunday, December 23, 2007

"Thank you... thank you very much!"


It's a small world! Earlier this year a friend of mine was in a guitar store in the States & he got talking to the sales guy Scotti (as you do! "Where y'all from?" etc etc!) and he discovered Scotti owned an Aussie made Maton... pretty unusual in the USA. Anyway, the make a long story short, Scotti said he was hoping to get another one "one day" and my friend Terry kindly mentioned that he had a mate owns a guitar shop in Australia who actually knows the Maton people really well.

Next thing you know we're swapping emails & designing a little beauty for Scotti... we even had his name engraved on a block inlay on the 12th fret! Terry even got to hand-deliver it to him on a subsequent trip to the States! We've never met but Scotti sounds like a blast & he sent me over this little thank-you gift pack comlete with Vegas T shit & Elvis glasses ... which I promised him I would dress up in & send him a pic!

So Scotti - "This one's for you: Thank you... thank you very much!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this is sad.. . . Dismal. If I'd only known all you wanted was a Las Vegas T-Shirt, well, I could have hooked you up and with an entire Viva Las Vegas Wardrobe. We won't comment on the sideburns. Get me the guitar and I'll get you the white jumpsuit.

8:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home