Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hairy Algae?!



I've got this stuff in my pond that the guy in the fish shop says is "hairy algae" and it's a pain the arse... keeps blocking up the filter on my pump. He sold me a bottle of goop to fix it but in the meantime I also have to empty as much water out as possible and clean the external filters & then put in some "biological" stuff to "start" the expensive "biological filter" he sold me... god, all I wanted was some fish in a pond & it's turning into Ben Hur!

The pond guy in Inglewood is Asian and really knows his stuff. He's an awesome salesman (and very funny!). When I went in to buy a filter & pump last year he asked "You want high maitenance or low maintenance pond?". Hello... what a great question! what are you going to say?! High maintenance?? Please!! I should have known what was coming next: "You want low maitenance you need BIG filter... I do it for you cheap.... VERY cheap!" So there I was several hundred dollars later with the BIG pump and the BIG filter so it would all be LOW maintenance... and I've got green slimy algae gumming up the works! Oh well, I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home