Monday, May 26, 2014

It's Toy Box Time!


Discussing what my grandson Hunter might like for his 2nd birthday, Anke and my daughter settled on the idea of some kind of chest or toy box.  It sounded like a good idea but I have to admit was somewhat mortified when Anke volunteered the suggestion  "Would you like Opa to make one for you?"!

"I just don't have time!" I retorted rather defensively. After all, his birthday was less than 3 weeks away.

Well, "happy wife happy life" they say, and to her great credit, Anke's confidence in my abilities was far greater than my own.  A few hours later there I was in Bunnings staring at the rows of timber trying to imagine what a toy box might look like & how much timber I might need.  After much deliberation I left with 8 x 2.4 metre lengths of pine 190mm x 19mm  pine tucked under my arm still with no real idea where to start!

Suffice to say, with Anke's help using her new found skills on the palm router to make a name plate, we did it... with seconds to spare.  Actually that's not quite true.  At the time we had planned to arrive at the party, I was still screwing on the hinges so we actually arrived  1/2 an hour late.  But... we made it. I didn't even have time to take a photo of the finished product so you'll have to imagine it from this single photo I took of Hunter sitting in front of it with his Oma whispering how clever we both are over his shoulder!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home