Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Finished at last... well sort of.



The laundry make-over is finished at last... well sort of finished. Finished if you don't count that:
  • The carpenter didn't come back to fit the door seals that he promised he would & that I paid for weeks ago when he installed the doors.

  • Finished in that the security door people turned up to fit the 2 new 'stainless steel mesh' security doors I ordered 6 weeks ago & were supposed to be installed 2 weeks ago finally turned up last Saturday... and neither of them fitted (?!).

  • Finished in that the tiler was a few weeks longer finishing than he anticipated so now the shower screen wont be ready for another 6 weeks coz they couldn't measure up till the tiling was finished... & they're now closed for the Christmas break.

  • Finished in that after the tiler finished the plumber came back to fit the new taps but he said the tiles had been put on "too thick" so the new taps & shower head won't go on & I'll have to "take them back & try to get extensions for them..." even though he's "pretty sure they're not available for this type of tap..." and finished in that the tiler didn't silicone the bench top (apparently he'd "run out of silicone") so I did it myself.

  • Finished in that the skip bin I ordered to come 2 weeks ago to take away the old sink etc didn't & when I called again them they said "we're running a bit behind but you'll definitely get it before Christmas". Yeah right... it turned today! AND they say it will have to stay there untill after the weekend.

BUT... all that aside - it actually looks really great!! The feature tile strip I love... it looks so good & the cabinets & benchtop are just great... what a difference from the old painted chipboard doors & asbestos ceiling panels! And JUST in time for us to have 2 showers/bathrooms ready for when Anke's parents get here (this Saturday)! I've put the old shower head back on & the new half wall means we can still use it as a bathroom so "all good"... that is until the shower screen people come back... and plumber comes back... and the door guy comes back... and security guy comes back! God, reading that back am I getting grumpier as I get older?! I sound like a serious whinger! But I'm not - seriously! I think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home