Monday, September 01, 2008

Dolphins on the Swan River





I'm afraid I'm not at all the fitness fanatic that I could be (or should be!), but I do like to try & something at least every weekend if I can: go for a ride, a bush walk, do Jacob's Ladder a couple of times... or "walk the bridges" & then go for a coffee or breakfast.
The weekend before last we called a couple of friends & we went on the "round the bridges" again and came across a huge flock of pelicans in South Perth... closer inspection revealed they were following a group of dolphins who were in turn chasing fish. Closer observation revealed that the pelicans were actually stealing fish caught by cormorants that were also diving around the dophins. We watched them for some time & felt quite rewarded & at at peace with the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home