Friday, April 25, 2008

Walyunga National Park walk... I'm buggered!





Anzac Day was looking awesome... 26 degree maximum & sunny all the way so Anke & I emailed a few friends & said "get ya hiking boots out... we're going for a walk!" and off to Walyunga National Park (up in Swan Valley) we went. The trail we chose was the called the Echidna trail which is 10.5kms and is pretty demanding in a few places (steep... level 5 in the Walk Trails of Perth book) but it is very beautiful.

Last year Anke saw her first ever "bobtail" there and this year we were really lucky to come across an echidna! We saw heaps of echidnas in Tassie last year but I can't remember the last time I saw one in WA... it was so cool! Last night I was absolutely (and embarressingly!) buggered band today my feet and legs are both sore... obviously "we" (ie. me!) need to do this more regularly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home