Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Shoplifters... bastards.

I'm think I'm getting crankier as I get older (but then again I might just be learning to get appropriately more assertive?) but people stealing things has aways made me really cranky... and today I discovered 3 things stolen from the shop yesterday - a digital recorder worth $800 and 2 small mixers (worth about $400 each). Shoplifters are a fact of life in retail (as I keep seeing on TV!) & it's bloody hard in this "hands-on" environment but when it does happen I get bloody annoyed... and then I get annoyed that I'm annoyed (?!) and that I've let some dick-head spoil my day!

We think we know who it was - a young couple with a not-very-well-behaved young kid who came in twice... she looked at cheap shitty guitars with her brat while he just walked around the shop in his coat talking (quite loudly) on his mobile phone the whole time. Maybe the mobile thing is a tactic we'll have to careful of as when someone is (apparently) talking business on a mobile you tend to stay away from them & give them some "space". Hmm. Not next time!

Fortunately I have all the serial numbers so you never know, the Police might pick the gear up through the 2nd Hand Dealers Squad when they try to flog it... fingers crossed anyway. That or they get electrocuted trying to use them!

1 Comments:

Blogger Annika said...

Oh, really sorry to hear that! Hope that you will get the gear back!

5:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home