Friday, October 24, 2008

Well, technically speaking, we now have our granite benchtops, HOWEVER!!

Well, the granite people finally called to say the bench tops were ready (woo hoo!) and that they would "be there at 8:00am on Friday to fit them". I was SO trying not to get too excited & had my fingers crossed that they would look fantastic - despite the fact that the tiler, electrician & plumber all still have to come back after the bench tops go in... BUT

They turned up, in the pouring rain, dead on time (woo hoo again! NOW I let myself get a bit excited!) but the granite was all soaking wet.... which, (as I know now!) meant that it couldn't be installed!! You could see that the underside of the granite was soaked & apparently they can't put in place wet as it the water then soaks in to the cupboards & would ruin them. Argh!!

"Where can we stack 'em so they can dry out?" they quoth - so now they're stacked up on my front verandah (?!) drying out... the plan being the'yll be back on Monday.

Yes, I know, I know "why didn't they put a tarp over them?!" etc etc, but what can you do?! Oh well, I guess another few days wont make difference....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home