Sunday, February 10, 2008

Surreal... sand dunes near Cervantes



On our way back from Shark Bay I drove off down a dirt track into the bush (yes, I can do that in our new Outback!) & stopped to show the "In Laws" some of the sand-dunes near Cervantes. They'd never seen sand dunes before (or lots of other things we did & saw for that matter!) & I gotta admit they are quite surreal... from a distance they just look like snow fields off in the distance but as you get closer they take on a new dimension.

It's only a few hours North of Perth but I hadn't been there for years either so we stopped for a while & even pulled out Anke's boogie board & took on a few slopes! There were some sensational photo opporunites too.... I especially like this shot of the 'edge' of one of the dunes... not to mention Anke's "sand Angel"! Beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home